Monday, May 18, 2015

Welcome to my blog!

My name is Jessica, and as of the end of last year, I am a homeschool graduate. I am the second oldest in my family and live in  NSW Australia with  my family: Mum, Dad, Emily, Grace, Joy, Elise, James, Rosie and Annie.  That's right - I have  six sisters and one brother, and yes, he copes just fine.  :)

Behind the name of this blog...

I chose 'Dreams really do come true' as the title of my blog, because I wanted to have record of how God will fulfill the dreams and promises I believe He has given me.  And whilst I am in the waiting zone of those dreams, there is still plenty to do!  I just need to realize it.

The URL of the blog differs from the title 'Dreams really do come true'.  In fact, it is 'yungundoto.blogspot.com.'  Yungu ndoto is the Swahili words which mean 'My dream.'  This is purely because EVERY title you can think of which has the name dream in it, has been used by some other blogger in the past, and therefore is unavailable.  Hence, I had to resort to a foreign language.  Swahili is one of the official languages of Kenya - along with English - and Kenya is where my biggest dream and promise lies, so the title is relevant...to me anyway.  :)

I hope to blog regularly - I would like to say daily, but I don't dare! - about ships and shoes and sealing wax, cabbages and kings. My interests and passions lie in the directions of;

                                                                             Jesus
Kenya 
Teaching 
Music 
Writing
Cooking 
Kid's Church 

I'm sure there are others, but is all I can think of at the moment, so that will do for now.  :P  

I hope you enjoy looking around and maybe even stay awhile!  

Blessings,
Jessica



9 comments:

  1. Will be following you Jessica, so dream on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is beautiful, Jess! :D Looking forward to reading more of your dreams. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea for a blog, Jess! :) I love the way you write and am looking forward to reading your posts. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I look forward to reading more of your blog Jess! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica! It was great to meet you the other week! Have fun with this blog :)

    God bless, Therese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great meeting you too, Therese! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts.... :)